Real farm accommodation in the East Devon countryside
Smallicombe, 4 star self catering farm cottages where you'll escape to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the heart of the East Devon countryside.
Comfortable 4 star cottages
- Granary ( sleeps 4) - accessible ground floor accommodation with 1 double and 1 bunk bedded/twin room
- Cider Barrel ( sleeps 4 adults + 2 children in 3 bedrooms + bedsettee in sitting room) - spacious open plan sitting/dining area with patio doors opening onto the garden, modern kitchen. 1 double, 1 twin/superking, 1 room for 2 children (5' beds) additional bedsettee in sitting room
- Hay Loft ( sleeps 2 adults ) luxury penthouse accommodation on first floor with double bed, ensuite bathroom with roll top bath and spacious open plan sitting / kitchen with amazing views.
- The Inglenook ( sleeps 2) ground floor accommodation alongside the farmhouse with 1 double or twin bedroom ensuite bathroom, cosy sitting room with huge inglenook and separate kitchen.
A great farm based holiday
- Three barn conversions cottages set around a courtyard and one traditional farmhouse style property
- Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Woodland walks where wildlife abounds
- Meet the farm animals including the famous rare breed pigs
- Real history, the farm is documented in the Domesday book of 1086
- 4 star quality
- Free WiFi
- Environmentally friendly
- Play area for young children
- Opportunity to book all self catering accommodation for groups of up to 16/18 people
- Close to Honiton and the Jurassic coast
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- Changeover days are Friday or Monday
Smallicombe is a real farm holiday in the East Devon countryside
Smallicombe, set in 70 acres is a special place where family and friends can wind down and use the accommodation as a base for exploring beautiful towns, villages and both the countryside and coast. Ideally situated to explore both Devon and the Dorset coast and especially the world heritage site of the Jurassic coast where you might even discover your very own fossil.
Granary, Cider Barrel and Hay Loft properties are set around the farm courtyard, each of the cottages form part of an original stone barn; the two light and airy ground floor properties have direct access to secluded garden areas. Hay Loft is the upper part of the barn with fabulous views of the surrounding countryside making it more suitable for families with slightly older children or groups of friends.
The Inglenook is a delightful property adjoining the farmhouse; ideal for couples and offering either a 6 ft bed or twin configuration, it has an inglenook fireplace and original bread oven giving it a lovely rustic feel.
You'll be able to relax in your holiday accommodation knowing each of the properties has everything you would expect in 4 star accommodation including central heating, TV's, DVD's and WiFi. When the nights draw in, enjoy watching the sunset over the glorious countryside or in the warm summer months you'll be able to enjoy a BBQ.
Should you wish to indulge in a real farmhouse breakfast, have a quick word with Maggie or Karen and you'll be able to order a piping hot farmhouse breakfast platter delivered directly to your cottage. Imagine the fresh Devon eggs from the Buff Orpington chickens and Smallicombe prize winning bacon and sausages; a feast awaits you.
There are lots of things to do and see which makes every day a new experience. Smallicombe is one of the few farms left where you have the chance to interact with the animals, especially the cute rare breed piglets which Smallicombe rears and sells to other UK and overseas breeders.