Smallicombe Farm offers families a slice of everything that makes Devon great. Not only are there great family days out – fossil hunting, rock pooling, building sandcastles, rambling on Dartmoor, a ride on a tram, donkey sanctuary, steam trains, ferry rides and fantastic visitor attractions – but when you finally make it back to the farm there is still lots to keep the young and old entertained.
Family Friendly Holiday Accommodation
The Cider Barrel, The Granary, The Inglenook and the family B&B room are all family friendly. Below is a list of a few things we provide at Smallicombe:
- Digital widescreen TVs with Freeview
- Free WiFi access
- A DVD, games and book library – suitable for all ages.
- A range of baby equipment including stair gates, cots, stools, highchairs, plastic plates, soft bed guards, toys, pram
- We also offer a breakfast platter service delivered to your cottage if you fancy a relaxing morning
Children Love Staying at Smallicombe Farm
The outside space is also child friendly, all of which has been tried and tested by Megan and Hattie and their friends.
- A toddler play area just outside The Granary and The Cider Barrel with a play house, slide and sandpit
- A larger enclosed play area with a large sunken trampoline, slide, small climbing wall, swing, play house and willow dome
- Indoor play area with table tennis, board games, toys etc
- Communal BBQ and seating area
- Farm trail with resident fairys
- Opportunity to collect eggs, feed the pigs and go on the farm trail to see the cows and sheep. There are often bottle feed lambs around Easter
- Play pooh sticks or build a little boat on the stream
- Megan and Hattie have 2 Guinea pigs you can help out with too.
There are a number of family friendly restaurants close by to eat at but if you prefer to stay at home we sell our own farm produce including eggs, bacon, sausages, beef, pork and lamb if you want to make a delicious meal in your fully equipped cottage.